- About Us
- Business Areas
- Reference Projects
- Oil & Gas
- Tüpraş İzmir Refinery Hydrocracker and Associated Units
- Tüpraş İzmit Refinery Unicracker and Associated Units
- BTC Crude Oil Pipeline Project – Ceyhan Marine Terminal Onshore and Offshore
- Tüpraş Resin Upgraded Project
- Samir Refinery Upgrade Project
- Tüpraş İzmir Refinery Methanator Section
- Tüpraş İzmir and İzmit Refineries Kerosene Treating Plant
- Tüpraş Kırıkkale Refinery CDU/VDU Revamp Project
- Enhancement of Export Facility, Eight Crude Oil Tanks
- Energy & Pipeline
- Industrial Plants & Terminals
- Transportation & Structure & Infrastructure
- Career Opportunities
- Code of Business Conduct
- Tekfen Holding Website
Société Anonyme Marocaine de l’Industrie du Raffinage
Tekfen Construction and Installation Co., Inc.
Société Anonyme Marocaine de l’Industrie du Raffinage (SAMIR) is one of the largest companies operating in Morocco and owns the sole refinery of the country.
The refinery (125.000 bpd), located at Mohammedia, on the Atlantic coast, about 30 km north of Casablanca, has started a major expansion program as of 2005 to upgrade and add new units to the existing ones.
Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) works completed by Foster Wheeler foresee a project configuration based on the installation of a new processing complex, which will be integrated into the existing refinery.
The project also includes necessary expansion of the refinery infrastructure covering offsite and utility systems, amine treatment and sour water stripping facilities, plus 398 tie-ins to the existing system.
The upgrade scheme is designed to enable the Samir Refinery to meet future domestic demand of Morocco for refined products, particularly middle distillates and also to manufacture products for the European and other markets.
Services provided by Tekfen Engineering are civil and structural design for all units, buildings, u/g oily system and electrical /instrumentation cable channels and trenches, all off site piping works (interconnecting the new process units and utilities to the tanks and pump stations) and relevant civil / structural detailed design works.
- Hydrocracker Unit
- Hydrogen Unit
- Hydrotreater Unit
- Vacuum Distillation Unit
- Sulphur Recovery Unit
- Sulphur Storage Unit
- Amine Treatment Unit
- Sour Water Stripper Unit
- New Cooling Water Building
- New Flare system
- Main Control Building
- Substations (5 nos)
- Satellite Instrument Buildings (4 nos)
- Project Utility Units
Chevron Lummus Global (hydrocracker), UOP (hydrotreater), Parsons (sulphur recovery unit) are the technology licensors.
In the project all construction works and procurement of civil, structural steel, insulation and painting materials are within Tekfen’s scope.
- Excavation: 265,725m3
- Reinforced Concrete: 81,357 m3
- Paving Concrete: 53,412 m2
- Asphalt Road: 21,000 m2
- Offices and Substation Buildings: 6,400 m2
- Structural Steel: 8,000 t
- Equipment Erection: 20,500 t
- Heavy Lift Erection: 3,150 t
- Piping Erection (supports incl.): 11,822 t
- Electrical & Instrumentation Cabling: 1,000 km
- Insulation: 160,000 m2
- Painting: 313,370 m2